Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Portfolio Project 2021: Trailer 1 Storyboard

I reviewed the trailer ideas and shots that I had posted about in another blog and I've made some additions. 

I've finally come up with the names for the characters. The older sister's name is Azlynn Vanderbilt and the younger sister's name is Aurora Vanderbilt. This trailer is going to be from the younger sister's perspective, Aurora. She's going to be giving background information on her older sister, Azlynn. The purpose of this trailer is to inform the audience of who Azlynn is and the criminal activity that she's involved in. 

I'm not a fan of drawing storyboards. I'm a visual learner but drawing doesn't really help me, descriptive words do. Instead of using a traditional storyboard, I used words to describe exactly what shots I want to be paired with the words of the voiceover. I used the same method for last year's project. I color-coded the words from the script with its shot descriptions. This method is a lot more effective for me because I can visually see and read exactly what actions I imagined happening during the trailer are. This method also helps me during the production and filming aspect because I have laid out every shot that needs to be filmed.

Here is the official storyboard for the first trailer of my film:

TRAILER 1: Voiceover Script


SCRIPT

Meet Azlynn. She was varsity cheer captain, prom and homecoming queen,

valedictorian of her high school graduating class, and she’s my sister.


SHOTS

Mid shot of me flipping my hair over my shoulder and smiling


Senior pictures in a collage of me with pom poms


Split-screen left side prom right side homecoming of her smiling and waving on a

car if possible


Senior pictures of me in cap and gown (collage)


Picture/ video of me and Aneesa smiling, laughing, hugging each other, etc.


SCRIPT

Azlynn’s been my legal guardian since I was 16. Our parents died in a car accident

right after she graduated high school and that’s when she started taking her talent of swindling men a lot more seriously.


SHOTS

Closeup of me putting on lipstick in the mirror.


Mid shot of me sitting at Aneesa’s desk and looking at a picture of our parents.


Slow tilt upwards of a closeup on my face making a smug facial expression


SCRIPT

But she didn’t start scheming men out of their monetary possessions after the death of

our parents, It started off in elementary school. Taking little boy’s toys, taking

their lunches, then taking their lunch money. Then as she got older, it escalated to expensive pieces of jewelry, cars, money, and businesses. She has more bank accounts

than I can keep up with.


SHOTS

Tracking shot of me walking down the street, camera’s focus is on my feet walking.

Following is an upward tilt that showcases my outfit and my face (midshot)


High angle of jewelry on a table, then cut to a closeup of me wearing a necklace.

Another high angle of car keys followed by a video of me standing next to cars

dangling the keys (sound of car honking). High angle of a stack of money thrown

onto the table (sound of cash register), and another high angle of a stack of papers

being thrown onto the table then a midshot of me standing in front of a building.


Closeup of me reading a book


SCRIPT

She’s traveled the world, stayed at luxurious resorts, shopped at stores I've never even

heard of, and she's brought me along with her of course. She’s been proposed to

11 times by 8 different men. She’s kept every single ring too, I guess as keepsakes.


SHOTS

Pictures from vacations (Cozumel, Mexico, Puerta Maya, etc.)


Video footage from Hard Rock Guitar Hotel


Picture from SHEIN pop up shop


Pictures of me and Aneesa together on vacation, at restaurants, at SHEIN pop up shop


Pan showing all 11 rings. Closeup of ring finger wearing the ring.  Midshot of me

looking at the box the ring is in and closing it.


SCRIPT

She’s gone by a million different names: Lily, Sapphire, Jasmine, Angelina, Victoria, Coco, and a few others.


SHOTS

*TRANSITION*


Closeup of me sitting down sipping a cup of tea wearing a hat and glasses


Long shot of me getting out of a car


Midshot of me toasting a glass to someone off-camera


Low angle of me putting on a pair of sunglasses

(other option: closeup of me reading a book)


Tilt-up of me greeting a person (the camera) I’ll say “Hello, my name is Victoria”

in a British accent. Tilt is made all the way up to the sky.


Tilt down of me greeting another person (the camera) “Hi! I’m Coco”

said by me in an English accent.


SCRIPT

She studies her targets for months until she knows everything there is to know

about them and then, she goes in for the kill.


SHOTS

OSS of me in the car looking out of the window.  Low angle of me ruffling through papers.

Midshot of me taping a piece of paper on the wall. Closeup of me crossing of a name and

circling a time and place on a whiteboard.


Closeup of a smirk on my face.


SCRIPT

She’s the best at what she does and I want to help her out as much as I can. She’s gonna teach me the art of manipulation.


SHOTS

Long shot of me walking towards the camera in slow motion


The title of the film is shown followed by the release date of the film



No comments:

Post a Comment