Sunday, March 21, 2021

Portfolio Project 2021: Film Research & Blog Schedule Planning

SPRING BREAK IS FINALLY HERE!!!

Hey everyone! It's officially spring break! I am so excited to just chill and relax before we go back to school and us seniors graduate. It's crazy to think about how fast this year has gone by. It's been a weird one but we're almost done, we just have to hold on for a few more months! It's the final push!

FILM RESEARCH

Tonight I'm going to be watching the film that Mason recommended to me during our group meeting. I'm going to be watching the movie "The Hustle" starring Anne Hathaway and Rebel Wilson which I am so excited to watch! I love Rebel Wilson and Anne Hathaway is amazing in all of the productions she's affiliated with. I read the plot summary when I searched for the movie and this movie's plotline and my film's plotline are similar in a lot of ways. I hadn't even watched the film or remembered it existed until Mason recommended it. I saw the ads for it on Youtube when it was first released but had completely forgotten about it. Maybe my subconscious mind was thinking of this movie's plot when I was coming up with plot ideas, who knows!

During this film, I am going to be taking notes. I am going to be taking notes on both Rebel Wilson and Anne Hathaway's characters, costuming, the film intro as well as other mise en scene elements. Shot types and editing techniques are also going to be included. This film has a plot that is similar to mine so I'm going to try to model after the characteristics of this film while still incorporating my style. I have no intention of copying this film, the plotlines are kind of similar but portraying the femme fatale trope is my main objective. Watching and analyzing this film is meant to inspire me in regard to my creative choices and artistic direction. 


I will also watch the trailers that were released for this film and analyze the technique used to engage their target audience. All of the notes from my viewing will be discussed further in another blog as well as the trailer analysis.

SPRING BREAK BLOG SCHEDULE

I mentioned in another blog how I was pushing my previously scheduled blog content until spring break so here we are! I've revised this week's blog schedule to align with my spring break schedule and the blog requirements for this week.





I wanted to post this blog before I watched this movie because I wanted to give an update on the blog posting schedule for the week of spring break and the format of my film research. I'm going to watch the movie now, I'll tell you all about it soon. See you in the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment