Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Portfolio Project 2021: Meeting with Stoklosa & My Sister

Ideas Galore!

Hello everyone! In this blog, we're going to be talking about the discussion I had with Mrs. Stoklosa and my sister. Mrs. Stoklosa called me into a Teams meeting today to discuss my project and it was a really nice conversation. We talked about the change of concepts and possible ideas for the plot which helped me think of other directions I could go in. She liked the trope that I'm using and we both agreed that there are so many different directions that I could go with this trope.

Mrs. Stoklosa brought up potentially keeping the sisters component in my film. I wasn't even thinking of having multiple women or even sisters, I was focused on having one character and developing her character. I was thinking of developing the main character's back story but she mentioned that I don't have to put too much emphasis on that aspect of the character, I can focus on developing the plot and conflict. I really like the idea of incorporating sisters because there are so many different ways to develop the story from that angle.

I went into my sister's room after and we talked about the meeting and all of my ideas. She thought it was cool! I told her about what my original idea and the new concept that I'm developing and she came up with a few good ideas for me to think about and build upon. She came up with the idea that the younger sister wants to follow in her older sister's footsteps as a femme fatale. The older sister is hesitant about teaching her sister how to be a femme fatale and manipulate men but she agrees. I have a few ideas on how to formulate this idea better so that it is cohesive but we'll discuss those ideas in the next blog.

These conversations today really helped me move along in the brainstorming process. I am so happy that they were able to present me with ideas to ponder and evaluate because I was feeling stuck. I tend to work backward during projects. I knew the trope that I wanted to work with but I had no clue what the plot or conflict was going to be. Speaking with other people about my ideas and hearing their opinions and perspectives is always beneficial because it forces you to think about things differently. I love working independently but receiving feedback from other people is crucial. I'm considering all of the suggestions made today and will blog about my ideas soon! See you in the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment