Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Portfolio Project 2021: Updates

Personal Update... SOS

Today's blog was supposed to be about my findings from films that I research but because I'm going to be discussing this during tomorrow's class discussion I have decided to blog about something different. I still need to blog during spring break so it's fine that my blogs are being pushed back a tad. 

I'm not going to lie, I am feeling pretty unmotivated at the moment. I just told my sister that I have no idea what to blog about. I don't know if it's because of senioritis or school just has me feeling more lethargic than normal but it's become a challenge for me to blog and make progress in this project. My head quite literally feels empty so I'm hoping that conducting my film and character research during spring break will provide some motivation. My energy is low but I can't neglect this project. This is a major dilemma but when do I not have dilemmas during media studies projects lol. Hopefully, I can get through this week and can bring myself to giving this project everything I have. I am in dire need of a mental break but I'll come back revived and better than ever soon!

That was a mini update of where I am mentally and in regard to this project. I'm trying my best but it's frustrating when you know you have obligations and responsibilities but you just can bring yourself to exert the energy to actually get it done. I'm going to stop this rant because I don't want this entire blog to be about this so let's move on.

NEW SONG ALERT!

We have a new addition to the "Portfolio Project" playlist! I've discovered another song that fits the tone I want to create in the trailers perfectly. It's called "My Discarded Men" by Eartha Kitt and I'm sure by the title alone you can understand why it would work perfectly with the concept of my film. The lyrics inspired me to think of the main character of my story in a different light. These characters can be multidimensional and I don't want them to be feasibly put into one box. I want them to be in a grey area between being classified as good and bad. The complexity of these characters is a crucial part of the film so I want to take my time developing this aspect of the film.


I was on Tik Tok and I discovered this editing app called Snapseed and it's an app that was created by Google. I had never heard of it before but I downloaded it on my phone and it has some nice features that I plan to use for the social media component of this project and other images that need to be edited. 

Another photo editing app that I've discovered is called Photoleap. It's an app that was developed by Lightricks so it's affiliated with Videoleap. Videoleap is the software that I used to edit last year's portfolio project but this app is for images. I'm still going to be using Videoleap for this year's project in addition to Photoleap and Snapseed.

I just wanted to give you an update on where I am at the moment. I'm going to be more intentional with my blogs because I honestly don't have a choice. I want to do a good job on this project so that means I have to put in the work and find motivation ASAP. Anyway, I hope that tomorrow's group discussion will give me insight into how I am to proceed with this project. I'm hoping that my peers can provide thoughts and opinions that will inspire me to keep going. Anticipate top-tier and fabulous blogs in the future! See you in the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment