Thursday, April 9, 2020

Portfolio Project: Storyboard with a twist! PART 2

I'm going to be taking everything that I wrote on that dry erase board and putting it in a blog so that you'll be able to see and understand what my shot compilation will look like. Again, I am fully aware of the fact that this is an unusual way of figuring out shots but this is how my brain works best.

OPENING CREDIT
The opening is going to start with a black screen with the production company showing, TSW Productions, which are my initials! This will then be followed up by "proudly presents" because you can't have a film opening without stating that the production company is proud to present it, obviously. The voiceover is going to be playing over this beginning part and the lines are "My mother always said we were destined to do great things. I just never understood exactly what she meant."

REST OF FILM OPENING

"My mom was the leader of her division back in the 80s when she was around my age. She’s the one that took us in as her own and taught us everything we know about crime-fighting."

Camera tilts up to me, the "mom", walking down the street in a road coat. The music starts at this point and the movie title "Karma's Messengers" pans across the screen.

"There’s 4 of us: Luana, Bria, Valencia and me."

The videos of all four of the girls will come on the screen. Claudia's video of putting on a necklace is first then Aneesa's video of her putting on sunglasses, Valeria putting on eye shadow, and me applying chapstick.

"We all have different backgrounds but we were raised together so we’re like sisters."

1. Claudia getting up in front of the camera and walking away 2. Me putting on black high heels and walking offscreen 3. Me using my hands to imitate the black combat boots walking offscreen (I had to do this because the boots were way too small for me so I couldn't fit them. It took 4 takes just for me to get a shot that looked authentic!) 4. Me getting out of the car and walking away

"After our mom passed away I took over and started the current division that the news seems to be so interested in lately."

Aneesa will be looking through her closet for the red coat, pull it out and then put it on (low angle).

"Everyone is so fascinated by us and the identity of the anonymous heroes, they gave us nicknames. My personal favorite, the daughters of vengeance. I hate that nickname with a passion."

Close up of computer screen with the words "Who are these mystery heroes" then pan over to the words "Will we ever find out who they are?". The next shot is a pan across the words "Daughters of vengeance" when the voiceover mentions it. Then when it says "I hate that nickname with a passion" a hand comes from behind the camera and slams the computer screen shut.

"When law enforcement was first made aware of our existence they believed we were an extreme feminist organization with malicious intent but they soon realized that wasn’t the case. If anything we help them do their job fighting against bad guys so they don’t have any reason to worry about us."

This whole scene is going to be of Zora in her lair. The first thing seen in her lair is her wall that's filled with highlighted documents and sticky notes on a case. This will be a pan that shows the content on her wall. From a high angle, the camera is going to move towards Zora working on a computer in the lair and then she's going to be be shown standing up comparing a document with some of the other documents on her wall. The last thing seen in this part will be a zoom in on the light-up letters "KM" in her room standing for "Karma's Messengers".

"But it’s not exactly legal to beat up people even if they are criminals so we’re definitely on their radar."

Folders and envelopes will be dropped on a table from a POV shot. The files will say "CASE FILE
#4016", "CLASSIFIED INFORMATION", "EVIDENCE, and "SUSPECTS". I'm hoping with the lighting changing from purple back to normal and the narration, the implication that the perspective has left Zora's lair and transitioned to that of the police who are investigating the group is understood. Fingers crossed!

"We keep our identity a secret for a reason. We lay low, blend in, we’re just normal girls during the day, but at night let’s just say we’re not the nicest towards the criminal element."

This is when Zora puts in her earbuds (low angle), starts running on the sidewalk (long shot), and waves at a neighbor (over the shoulder shot). Then the color transitions to black and white and the first shot is a close up of her putting on black gloves, a high angle of her zipping a duffle bag, a midshot of her washing off a knife and then a low angle of her closing a car trunk.

"People say we’re a new generation of a feminist vigilante group continuing the legacy of those before us and they’re right. My mother always said we were destined to do great things. And I guess I know what she means by that now."

There's a low angle of Zora looking at herself in the mirror followed by a POV of her closing a chest and then her walking away. Zora walks into a dark room and there's someone tied up in a chair. The last thing seen is the criminal she caught looking up at her grinning sinisterly. Either Zora or the criminal will make a remark and that's the last thing seen or heard in the opening. It ends this way because this foreshadows what will happen next in the film. That's the final scene of the opening!

And that's my film opening! I may add somethings just in case I don't hit the 2-minute mark but I'm hoping that's not the case because I don't want to take away from the opening by adding too much in visually. I've already filmed and started editing so I'm going to do a blog posting next about how that's going! See you in the next blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment