Friday, April 3, 2020

Portfolio Project: Lights, Camera, Action?

As stated in the last blog I asked my friends for their help with getting certain shots and I'm so grateful that they were able to help me out. Here are the specific clips that I want to use when the voiceover says "it is believed that there are 4 of them and they are all female."


This is Keira who was originally going to be playing Valencia in my film opening! My sister was on Facetime with Keira when I told her to send me a video of her doing this and she agreed. She was confused about how to film it at first so I told her to think of it as a clip from the opening of the TV show series Pretty Little Liars and she immediately understood what I meant. 



This is Claudia who was going to be playing Luana in my film opening! She was one of the very first people to help me by giving me suggestions and sending me videos like this! I'm thankful to have her as a friend because she's always willing to lend a helping hand to whoever needs it. 



This is my little sister Aneesa who is still playing Zora and she's still the leader of the group. She's been helping me, to a certain extent, with filming and once she saw Claudia's amazing videos she sent me she felt threatened so she agreed to put on sunglasses in a sassy way. I guess this is how I'm going to get her to film with me, guilt-tripping. She can be a drama queen sometimes so we'll see how this goes.



This is Jordan! I met her on the first day of pageant orientation and she's really genuine! She isn't one of the original cast but I liked her video a lot so I'm going to use her video as one of the 4 in the group. Caroline who was originally playing Bria was not able to send me a video but it's okay because I like this clip a lot.

None of these videos were edited or trimmed, I just uploaded what they sent me but I do plan to go through them and edit/trim them.

I'm so glad that I was able to still incorporate some of my friends from the original cast in my film opening, even if it is in a different way than I anticipated. I know using this method to figure out shots is sort of different but I think I can come up with a way to pair the voiceover with the shots and not be generic. The next blog is going to be showing you the other clips that I got and where I'm planning to incorporate those clips in the opening! See you in the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment