Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Portfolio Project: It's starting to come together.. finally!

I'm probably going to sound crazy saying this but I'm going to change my opening a little bit. I know, it's a little late for changing things but the voice-over wasn't what I thought it was going to be and it was over-complicated in my opinion. I felt stuck because I was trying to make it work and it just wasn't. Instead of using my mom's voice over, I'm going to have my sister who's playing Zora do a voice-over like I originally intended her to.

I feel bad not using my mom's voice over because she tried so hard to get it right and she was so excited to be in it but I just wasn't getting anywhere with that concept.

The whiteboard in the picture and the video probably isn't the clearest since I was writing fast and it looks cramped but I promise it all makes sense. I still used the same method when writing the "storyboard" for this new script like I started to for the old voice over and that's what's written on the board


I had so much fun writing the new script because I was finally able to think clearly. I'm happy I was able to come up with another concept that flows better and feels a lot less forced. I think this version is more fitting for this project and because of that, I'm going to be more motivated to do my best because I'm no longer frustrated and that was a huge issue before.

NEW AND IMPROVED VOICEOVER SCRIPT
I typed the script out because I'm not sure if you can see the text in the picture well enough.

"My mother always said we were destined to do great things. I just never understood exactly what she meant. My mom was the leader of her division back in the 80s when she was around my age. She’s the one that took us in as her own and taught us everything we know about crime-fighting. There’s 4 of us: Luana, Bria, Valencia and me. We all have different backgrounds but we were raised together so we’re like sisters. After our mom passed away I took over and started the current division that the news seems to be so interested in lately. Everyone is so fascinated by us and the identity of the anonymous heroes, they gave us nicknames. My personal favorite, the daughters of vengeance. I hate that nickname with a passion. When law enforcement was first made aware of our existence they believed we were an extreme feminist organization with malicious intent but they soon realized that wasn’t the case. If anything we help them do their job fighting against bad guys so they don’t have any reason to worry about us. But it’s not exactly legal to beat up people even if they are criminals so we’re definitely on their radar. We keep our identity a secret for a reason. We lay low, blend in, we’re just normal girls during the day, but at night let’s just say we’re not the nicest towards the criminal element. People say we’re a new generation of a feminist vigilante group continuing the legacy of those before us and they’re right. My mother always said we were destined to do great things. And I guess I know what she means by that now."


No comments:

Post a Comment