Saturday, April 4, 2020

Portfolio Project: Storyboard with a twist!

If you've looked through my earlier posts where I uploaded Bria's storyboard you're probably aware of the fact that I am not the best illustrator. So to make it easier on both of us and because I'm not particularly fond of storyboards I'm going to go through and give an in-depth description of what shots I would implement at certain points in the voiceover since the script is what I'm going based off of. I know it's unorthodox in the film world not to complete a storyboard in the planning phase but honestly, drawing a storyboard doesn't help me in terms of the creative process. I know for some having a visual picture to show them what to do next when filming helps and I am a visual learner but when it comes to filming, notes help me better. I know what the shot looks like in my head and using words and giving details of shots is better for me compared to a picture with a brief explanation. My mind goes against itself sometimes because my mind can have a million ideas coming in at any given time but if I don't write it out, I'll forget what that idea was so this method works better for me personally.

I'm going to be breaking down the sentences of the news report script and seeing what ideas come to me in terms of what will be displayed at that moment. I may have to break the blog into two sections because that would be a lot of reading for just one blog, so it's going be a two-parter. See you in the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment