Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Portfolio Project: Insight on project direction

This blog has nothing to do with the current direction of my film opening but this was a draft that I started after posting about my unorthodox way of coming up with shot ideas. The purpose of me posting this is so that you can see how uncertain and unsure I was about where I was supposed to go from that point. I had no idea what shots I wanted and I ended up stopping midway because I was frustrated and gave up. This post is just some insight into what the creative block looked like that caused the change of direction in my opening:

There are 9 sentences in my script but some are shorter the others so I may split the sentences up of group them together depending on what ideas I come up with. But for now, let's get into it! 

FIRST HALF OF SCRIPT:

"Good morning this is Ava Dior from the WFX news station in Miami here to give you an update on the vigilante group referred to by many as the Daughters of vengeance."

This is the first sentence in the entire opening. I don't think I want any action to be happening on the screen at that time. I want to force the viewer to listen and be aware of the fact that it is a news broadcast that they're listening to. I'm probably thinking of having this part of the voice over playing after the production company credit goes off of the screen so that it's just a black screen and the beginning of the audio.

"These anonymous heroes have been able to save lives and keep the streets of South Florida safe while somehow managing to keep their identities a secret."

The first shot will be of one of the characters getting out of there car

"They live in plain sight and are said to live normal lives during the day, but at night, they become fierce justice seekers."

For this shot, I want to get a shot of Zora at her mailbox waving to her neighbor. I want it to be made clear that they are normal human beings so showing this small interaction between her and someone who is unaware of her true identity. Then for the fierce justice seekers part will have

"Even though the identities of this crime-fighting group are unknown, it is believed that there are 4 of them and they are all female."

"When law enforcement was first made aware of the group's existence they believed that it was an extreme feminist organization with malicious intent but they soon realized that was not the case."

No comments:

Post a Comment