Saturday, April 11, 2020

Portfolio Project: So how is this all going to end?

Originally when I was still trying to figure out the direction of my opening and I still had my mom narrating I was going to have the shot be of Zora on the phone with the rest of the girls and she'd say "Hey, have you guys seen the news on tv today? Yeah, they're calling us the Daughters of vengeance now. I know right, I hate it." This line was supposed to be a revelation to the audience that she is apart of the vigilante group that the entire opening was talking about. But since I decided to not use my mom's narration and go in a different direction, that ending wouldn't work with the new opening concept. This means that the ending is going to have to change too.

I still wanted the ending of the film opening to have that shock factor so that the audience feels compelled to watch the rest of my hypothetical movie. The opening is going to end with a shot of a bad guy tied up in a dark room and Zora approaches him. The final comment in the entire opening is “hello sister”. The goal is to leave the audience gobsmacked and wanting to learn more about this alleged brother and his role in the group's life. I’m going to be playing the criminal so I’m going to have to make myself look like a man... fun!

I know adding this is to the end is very last minute but better late than never! I’m going to blog about the process of turning me into a man so I’m excited about that! See you in the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment