Thursday, April 2, 2020

Portfolio Project: My moms final takes!

My mom took this first take yesterday after I gave her some direction about how I wanted the voice over to sound. Since she's giving a news report I thought her voice should resemble the stereotypical way that news reporters give the news on television. They have a certain tone and this cadence when they speak. It sounds almost like a monotone robot talking and at first, I was a little upset because she wasn't able to get that voice down but then after this take, I realized that this is actually good. Everything has to match, the voice over and the shots, and if the news report was boring and monotone that contrast would most likely take away from the shots because that's too much of a difference. That's like saying "I'm so excited" while having absolutely no expression on your face, it's contradictory. The way she's delivering the report is good and sets the tone and energy for the shots which is exactly what I wanted.

The only other issue besides the way she gave the report was that it was under to minutes. It was exactly 1:47 so either way, we had to retake it because it was under time and this voice-over is what I'm basing my shots off of.

TAKE 1 FROM YESTERDAY


TAKE 2
The second take she took was much better with the way she delivered but she got a little tongue-tied in the middle so we tried again afterward.


TAKE 3


The fourth take she messed up a little bit towards the end but she started another video and finished where she left off and that was my favorite take of hers so I'm going to use the fourth take from yesterday in the final piece! It's 2 minutes and 17 seconds but I'm sure with editing I can cut a few seconds out. I really hope you'll be able to listen to her first or third takes because you can hear the change in cadence and delivery. I'll keep you guys updated, see you in the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment