Saturday, March 21, 2020

Portfolio Project: Shot ideas for "new" film opening

"Just shoot your shot" easier said than done.

I'm figuring out the direction of my film project since this whole coronavirus thing has taken over so in this blog I'm just going to outline some ideas I have for shots in the opening. I'm down to just one actress which is my sister and this has forced me to change the visual aspect of my opening but that is okay! I like a challenge... sometimes.

I like how some film openings in the thriller or crime genre solely focus on the movement of the character and how the shots are meant to give some insight into who the character is and what they are like. I think I'm going to do some more research on films in these genres that have openings similar to the one I'm trying to create just for some inspiration. I really want the shots to be intriguing so I'm planning on incorporating transitions that I think are cool. I'm going to make the shots complex since the narration is just going to be Zora introducing herself as the leader of the group of vigilantes.

Some examples of shots that I would include in the opening:

  • Zora's board in her lair full of documents about cases, criminals, and details about missions
  • Zora working in her lair (on her computer hacking)
  • Jump cuts of her working on compiling data for their next mission 
This is the very basic idea of what the film opening's shots will include but I will create a storyboard that puts these ideas in sequential order and the specific focal points I want to capitalize on visually so that the viewer is interested in the characters and what the rest of the film would potentially have in store. 

I'm going to have to look back on the blog where I gave an in-depth description of each character because that will help me narrow down the types of shots I'm going to incorporate in the opening. I'm going to upload a blog dedicated to the storyboard and the shots soon once I figure out what I want exactly. As always, I will keep you all updated, see you in the next blog!  




No comments:

Post a Comment