Friday, March 27, 2020

Portfolio Project: I think I've figured it out! (sort of)

I think I've decided on how I'm going to film the majority of my film opening. Eureka! I still haven't figured every single detail out yet but I think I want the characters and the overall plot to be introduced through a gradual pan and then incorporate shots that give the viewer hints about the character's lifestyle, their individual personality traits and what life is like as a vigilante group.

I know that the sudden coronavirus outbreak and us being quarantined made my film opening progress turn completely in the opposite direction but after thinking about it and trying to overcome this hurdle, I think I have come up with a solution. I wanted to figure out a way to maneuver around not having my 4 main characters in my project anymore while still incorporating them in my opening if that makes sense. At first, I was thinking of just having Zora mention each of them briefly in the narration (yes I'm still planning on having a narration, I made up my mind finally) but then it hit me, I can introduce them in a different way while still revealing them.

We've already established that I want to film part of the opening with a pan of Zora's living space but I wanted to still have the other 3 characters involved in it somehow. The whole purpose of the pan is to give the audience an inside look into the life of the characters so I'm going to use this pan to my advantage. Since I can't physically film with 3 of my actresses I can use the pan to infer the existence of them. Zora is the leader of the group and they're all sisters so they'd all be living in the same house. The focus is on Zora mainly but this pan is going to be the tool I use to bridge the gap.

My idea for using the pan to introduce the other 3 sisters is by having the pan show pictures on the wall of all 4 of the girls as young children. I'm friends with all of the actresses so I have plenty of photos of them from their early childhood years that I plan on using. While the camera is panning around the girl's home there will be shots implemented that are meant to let the viewer know more about their lives while still keeping the other girls a mystery in a sense. One idea I had to give a hint about their living situation is having a shot of their bathroom and all 4 of their toothbrushes so that the audience gets an idea of what each girl is like.

Here are just some of the pictures in my camera roll of my gorgeous actresses! :

Bria (Caroline)

Valencia (Keira)


Luana (Claudia)

Zora (Aneesa) 

This blog really assured me that I've got this and I'm going to do just fine in this project! I have the pieces I just need to put them together to complete the puzzle and that's what I plan to do. I'm going to get started on all of this ASAP so I'll keep you guys updated, see you in the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment