Friday, March 20, 2020

Portfolio Project: Corona outbreak update

This pandemic has been anything but epic
It's been a while but as you probably know, a lot is happening in our world right now. People are scared and no one really knows what to do because of this pandemic. We're all quarantined and advised to practice social distancing which I don't have a problem with but it's still a scary situation.

These last couple of days have been the most confusing and stressful in regards to just life in general. The coronavirus pandemic has literally put everything on pause, school, entertainment, travel, etc. and it's created a lot of what-ifs and unanswered questions. This also includes my portfolio project. A lot of us didn't know what to do because we had actors, storyboards, scripts, plots, etc. and we were confused about where to go from here because we're self quarantined right now.  This outbreak has been chaotic but I'm going to try my best to not let it have that much of a negative impact on my project.


Yesterday we had a conference with Mrs. Stoklosa and she offered tips and some ideas for us on how to overcome the obstacles we're facing with filming and the direction of our projects. We were all unsure of what we were supposed to do about our projects because a lot of us had components of our project that were required in order for us to be able to complete our projects successfully. But because of the quarantine situation, we wouldn't be able to achieve some of these things. This meeting definitely helped me calm down and made the idea of having to face these obstacles head-on and find a solution a lot less terrifying. This situation will force me to change some elements about my project so let's figure this whole thing out!

I originally had 4 characters: Zora, Bria, Luana, and Valencia but because our parents won't let us leave our houses because of the quarantine, I, unfortunately, can't film with the cast that I intended to film with ☹️☹️☹️. This is so sad because I was so excited to film with my friends and enjoy the process but because of unforeseen circumstances I've decided to keep only one character from the original cast, Zora because I can easily film with the actress playing her, my sister Aneesa.


^ My awesome little sister ^

Filming with my sister will not be hard at all because even though we are quarantined and stuck in my house together, I can film in my house and she was originally the main character of my opening anyway so this isn't going to be that big of a change. I'm just going from 4 actresses to 1. woo hoo.

I know in the script I had Zora narrating the introduction to each of the characters but since I don't have a cast of 4 anymore, this is going to change a little. She's still going to narrate the film opening, give background information on herself and talk about her sisters briefly but she just won't go into great detail on each sister. The whole introduction is going to be about her and telling the audience about her back story, where she comes from, how she became a vigilante, and other things like that. Since Zora is the leader of the group it makes sense to have her narrate her own introduction in the opening. I actually like the idea of having the focus on only one character and having a simple narration with complex shots. This will make it slightly easier on me editing-wise and I like how it will be simple but still visually engaging.

In regards to the storyboard, I'm going to have to go a different direction with the shots and go back to the drawing board and create a storyboard that focuses on Zora. I am going to have to completely adapt my concept and make it so that the whole scene is focusing solely on Zora as the leader. The style of shots that I will get will be drastically different than the ones I planned on getting but that's okay. I just have to figure out what these shots are going to be and what the effect I want to give off visually is. That's probably going to be a whole other blog posting.

None of this was planned so I'm honestly just going with the flow and winging it. I am so upset that my original film opening concept is going to have to change but like they say, the show must go on. I'm going to try my best to update you guys frequently and find a way to produce an equally amazing film opening like my original concept. I'll see you in the next blog, stay safe ❤!

No comments:

Post a Comment