Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Portfolio Project: Change is good... right?

(Mini personal update woohoo! I know I'm just now posting in the middle of the week and I usually don't wait like this to post but my wisdom tooth is coming in and it is excruciatingly painful. I'm sorry about the delay but I went to an oral surgeon and we're going to get it all figured out so I'll be better soon! This has definitely slammed on the brakes for me in the production world but the show must go on! I have to get caught up with everything so let's get into the blog!)

Surprise! I'm changing my film opening! Okay, I'm not changing the WHOLE thing but I'm just going to make it simpler for myself. I realized that I was way over my head so I'm not going to overcomplicate things and I'm going to KISS my project. KISS means "keep it simple sweetie" and that's what I plan on doing with my project. The shots are going to be a lot simpler since I'm not trying to fit 2 different concepts into one opening. I am so bummed that I can't incorporate both of my ideas but I'm sure I'll be able to do it so another time! I'm glad I've reached this conclusion now before I spent time drawing the rest of the storyboards! I posted Bria's storyboard but we're going to discard that and revisit the drawing board and start over... yay.

The shots are going to be showing the girls in their everyday lives while the narration introduces them. It will make it easy to follow compared to it looking busy and congested visually. I still think my opening will still be great I just have to really make it visually appealing since the music and the narration will be playing in the background.

All of the locations I finalized in one of the previous blogs are still locations that I plan on filming at.

Of course, I'm going to editing the rough draft of the script but the narration part of the script won't change that much since that's what's the action in the scenes are centered arounC. What's going to change is the actions and the shots I had incorporated into the script. I've got this and I'm going to fix it!

I am so happy that I've finally been able to figure out which direction I'm going in regarding my film opening. I feel like I can finally breathe! I'm actually happy with my decision to change the visual direction of my film opening because I can still make it look good and be able to convey my message clearly. I had to be realistic with myself and have a "come to Jesus meeting" and I have clarity now! I'll keep you guys updated, see you in the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment