Saturday, March 14, 2020

Portfolio Project: Bria's new stroyboard

As you know I'm changing the visual concept of my film opening so this means that I have to change the shots that I intended to film for each character. This isn't a bad thing because it's going to make it easier for me so let's rewrite Bria's storyboard!

Originally, Bria was going to go to follow the bad guy to the gym while Luana popped his car tires in the parking lot. Then the scene would end with Bria walking out of the gym seeing him frustrated at his car and she would offer to help repair his tires. But since I'm not going that route anymore, I am going to rewrite her storyboard.

All of the locations that I finalized are going to remain the same, nothing is going to change location wise. The only thing changing is the actions taking place in the individual scenes.

Since Bria is an edgy teen, I want to get shots of her skateboarding, doing mechanical work on a car and hitting a punching bag at the gym.

If you remember from the first storyboard, the film opening started with Bria riding her skateboard while listening to music. I want to keep this as the initial shot because I love the technique portrayed in the scene, the diegetic to non-diegetic sound, the camera movements (pans and tilts) and the combination of shots.




The transition is going to reveal her walking to the gym and then it will cut to her running on a treadmill and punching a punching bag. There will be a pan to the left that will transition from the gym to her working on a car. Transitions in my opening are going to be used to show a smooth location change. I love transitions and when they're done correctly, they can be amazing!

Since I’m not the best drawer I thought it would be better to just type what the rest of Bria’s scene will look like! I will go more into detail on the script but this is the basic outline of her storyboard. Thank you for checking in and I’ll see you in the next blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment