Thursday, March 5, 2020

Portfolio Project: First Storyboard (BRIA)

Alrighty! So now that we have a rough draft of the script done, let's go through and sketch what each part of the film opening is going to look like paired up with the voiceover!

My drawing skills are not the best but I tried my best to channel my inner Picasso so enjoy my abstract stick figures!

Let's start at the beginning of the film opening. If you recall from my previous blog posting, Bria is the first character introduced by the voiceover. If you forgot what she looks like, here is the actress playing Bria:


BRIA'S INTRO STORYBOARD


This is the first storyboard that I've drawn out for the beginning of the opening. Since I'm not the best at drawing, I decided to not incorporate as many pictures but to focus on camera movement and shots/ angles descriptions. There wasn't a lot of space for me to write so I summarized what I was trying to say but I will type out the details I wanted to include for each part of the scene under each picture.

BOX #1:

The camera will tilt up to Bria riding her skateboard and she will have her hands in her pockets. Then an extreme close up will show her blowing a gum bubble and popping her gum. 

BOX #2: 

After the extreme close up of Bria chewing her gum, the camera will zoom out from the close-up and become a long shot of her hopping off of her skateboard and walking down the street of a neighborhood.

BOX #3:

From the long shot of her walking down the street, the camera is going to pan from the front of Bria to the back of her head and I'm hoping this comes out the way I see it in my head because I plan on using this as a cool transition to the next location. Fingers crossed!  

BOX #4:

The camera remains in the same position at the back of her head and she walks towards the gym which becomes a long shot.
BOX #5:

The scene then cuts to a midshot of Bria continuing to walk towards the gym and chewing gum. An eye-line match shows Luana standing in the parking lot with a screwdriver in her hand. Luana winks at Bria which is seen from Bria's Point of view.
BOX #6:

A midshot captures Bria's smile and the long shot that follows shows her walking towards the gym entrance doors and she opens the door for Victor. She enters after him giving a fake smile all shot from a midshot of both charcaters

BOX #7:

The scene cuts to a long shot from behind Bria walking on a treadmill. A low angle shows Bria's focused face and an eye-line match reveals the bad guy working out oblivious that he's being watched by Bria.

BOX #8:

The scene is going to cut to an over the shoulder shot of Bria in the parking lot witnessing Victor at his car shocked that his tires were slashed. Bria decides to ask him if he need help and this is filmed as a close up of her face. The next shot is an extreme close up of the tracking device that Bria placed under Victor's car after fixing his tires. This is the last shot of Bria's introduction!

No comments:

Post a Comment