Saturday, March 28, 2020

Portfolio Project: And the academy award goes to....

Give my mom an Oscar Award! 

My mom volunteered to be an actress in my opening which at first I was apprehensive about but the more I thought about what I could have her do in the opening it actually was a good idea. I want to have her act as a news broadcaster that is reporting on the vigilante's defeat of another bad guy. My mom has tons of experience being in front of the camera, being an emcee, and working in a plethora of productions like this so I think this will be a really good touch to add! I'm going to write her script and film her doing the report as if she was an actual news reporter then I'll add in all of the effects to make it looks like a real news broadcasting. After coming up with this idea I realized that it would probably be cool if the film opening opens up with my mom's new broadcast and then have Zora make her entrance. I'm going to do a whole blog on this soon because I have a lot of ideas that I'm so happy about because I was having a creative mental block for a while hence my mini-breakdown video posted two days ago...

Anyway, this is blog posting is going to be me writing the outline of my mom's script that she's going to be reading for the news broadcasting clip. For a moment I was thinking about just having my mom's news report substitute Zora's narration, and I'm not entirely hating the idea. Having the news report play in the background of the film opening is actually a cool concept. Instead of having Zora explain their story, I'm going to let my mom, the news broadcaster do it. The visuals would all match up to what my mom would be saying on the TV and the way it looks and sounds in my head is really good so I'm hoping I'm able to get it right.

Since the script is acting as the narration in this opening, I have to write the script so that I know what kinds of shots I need to film. In the next blog, I'm going to be writing out the rough draft of the new report script! See you in the next blog!





No comments:

Post a Comment