Thursday, April 1, 2021

Portfolio Project 2021: The title of the film

We have a name!

I didn't want to create the film's social media page if it didn't have a title but I've come up with a name! The title of my film is "The Art of Manipulation". I chose this title because it sums up the theme of this film well and I want to get creative with the title on the movie poster.  


Since "man" is in the word "manipulation" I'm going to make the "man" part of "manipulation" a different color than the rest of the title. I was thinking of using the color red because it symbolizes danger, passion, lust/ desire, and power. During the group meeting that we had last class, I shared my ideas with my peers and they thought it was cool. 

Personally, I feel that this play on words is clever. That is part of the reason why I chose "The Art Of Manipulation" as the title of the film because I had the idea of putting emphasis on the word "man". I don't think the audience will have trouble figuring out the significance of the title or why the "man" in the word "manipulation" is in a different color. Even if its significance is missed by the audience at first, once they watch the trailers it should click that it's a visual play on words. 

I love the title of this film! It fits perfectly with the plot and theme of the film and the visual play on words on the movie poster is going to be fantastic! I have a few other ideas for the movie poster that I'm going to share with you. See you in the next blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment