Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Portfolio Project 2021: Music Selection

I was searching for royalty free music for 2 hours today and I have a few options that I can choose from. I’ve searched on about 6 different websites for royalty free music that fits the vibe I want to create in the trailers.

I want fast paced music to be used in both trailers but I wasn’t able to find exactly what I wanted. I was originally searching for music in the jazz genre because tot tends to be upbeat and it would capture the essence of the plot perfectly. But the songs that I was listening to were not upbeat enough or they were not jazzy enough. I even used key words in my search  like “sassy” and “sexy” to see if that would narrow the options down but I had no luck. The songs that are shown in the images below are possible options but I’m not completely  love with any of them. 

Song Options from Videoleap:





Song Options from Audio Network









Song Options from Epidemic Sound:


Song Options from Artlist:





I remember for last year’s project I searched for music on Artlist and Epidemic Sound but my friend Keira who’s in AS Level media recommended that I use Audio Network. I had never heard of it before and they had a broad selection of music so I tried it out. As you can see a lot of the songs that I options that I have are from that site so I appreciated her recommendation!

The songs that I found are okay but I have to listen to all of them again and see if I am content with using 2 of them or if I have to keep looking for a song that I actually want to use for the trailers. The music aspect of any production is crucial so I’m going to try my best to find good music to use in both of the trailers and as soon as possible. I may have to keep looking but either way, I’ll update you all on what’s going on. See you in the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment