Monday, April 5, 2021

Portfolio Project 2021: Social Media Page Profile Picture Rough Draft

I thought that I would try to create a profile picture for the film's social media page. I tried designing it by just testing out different fonts and playing around with different color combinations. It did not go very well, to be honest. The fonts that I was testing out were clashing with each other and it looked like I was trying to combine two different concepts. Long story short, I stopped messing with the designs because it kept getting progressively worse.

Here are the 3 designs that I created for The Art Of Manipulation's social media page:




FEEDBACK

I sent the (extremely) rough drafts to my sister, my friend Paola and my classmate Sil to get their opinions and help with the designs, and here's what they had to say about them:

PAOLA:


SIL:


ANEESA:




As you can see my sister did not really have a lot of creative criticism to offer me but I'll take what I can get. "It's cool but sort of eh" really helped out a lot (note the sarcasm). 

Sil suggested that I use a Sans Serif font. I'm going to have to find a specific font that goes with this type of font. The issue is finding a combination of fonts that work cohesively with each other. I don't like the way the fonts look together so I'm going to have to fix this. Paola also said that the dot that separates "man" from "ipulation" looks weird there so I completely eliminated it in the last design.

Who knew that designing a profile picture for a film production could be so challenging! I'm not done with this design obviously I'm just going to pick one design to go with for now so that I can make it the social media page's profile picture. See you in the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment