Sunday, April 18, 2021

Portfolio Project 2021: Final Remarks

 That’s a wrap!

Hello everyone! I just want to share my relief and joy with you all! I'm pretty sure that Dr. Seuss once said "don't be sad because it's over, be happy because it happened" and I'm honestly feeling really happy right now! I'm happy because I was able to get through the challenging times that I had during this project and I held on long enough to finish it. I'm not going to lie and say that this project was easy or that I gave it my best 100% of the time, but I did it. I am so proud of myself and my peers as I know that this year has been by far one of the most stress-inducing, depressing, and anxiety-fueling years of our lives. I have never felt so lethargic and unmotivated. But given the climate of our world right now, I am proud of the fact that I managed to persevere and make it to the finish line. I realized a lot of things during this project, procrastination is never a good idea, it's okay to be unmotivated sometimes because you'll eventually get back into the groove of things and trust in yourself and your abilities. As a creator, I am my worst critic and I am always hard on myself. I tried improving this aspect of my creative process by taking mental breaks, introspecting, and assuring myself that I'm not alone. This class was the first AICE class that I ever took so completing this part of the assessment is bittersweet. Senior year did not go as planned but we made the best of it. It all feels real now and I am so excited to be moving on and continuing studying media in college. Finishing this project was definitely a challenge for me because of the lack of energy I had but I survived and that is all that matters. Thank you! See you in the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment