Saturday, February 20, 2021

Portfolio Project 2021: The options are endless!

Which project option have I chosen?

I was debating between the film promotion option and the music promotion option but after discussing the options with Mrs. Stoklosa, I've chosen to do the film promotion! We talked about the pros and cons of both projects and it appears that the film promotion makes more sense for me to do personally. With the music promotion option. I had a band in mind to work with but like Mrs. Stoklosa mentioned, scheduling would be a major conflict because we're all students in high school that have work, extracurricular activities, social lives, etc. so that would have been tough to sort out. I have a lot more experience with film production than I do with musical artist promoting. It makes more sense for me to do the activity that I'm comfortable with doing and know I can do well. 



This is the band Saving Herald that I was thinking of working with if I chose the music promotion. They're a local band here in Weston and they are incredibly talented! I know Maxx, the lead bass, because we were in marching band together and we became friends. I asked Maxx for his permission to use a  picture of the band in this blog posting because I didn't want to use an image of the band without asking first. I think doing the music promotion would have been fun but again, because of scheduling conflicts and other factors, it would have been extremely difficult to do the music promotion for this project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment