Thursday, February 25, 2021

Portfolio Project 2021: Plot Ideas

Hello everyone! Since my last blog, I've been able to think of some plot ideas that I like and have been pondering. I'm going to talk about some potential plot ideas for the film now! 


I used a plot generator to help me with inspiration and it kind of worked! The online website that I used is called Reedsy Plot Generator https://blog.reedsy.com/plot-generator/drama/  and it came up with generic plot lines but I added a twist to them. It was definitely a nice resource to use to help inspire me and come up with different concepts. 

                                                                        Genre: Drama

Two sisters that have a tight bond are soon to be separated from each other because the older sister has been accepted into Julliard (the college could be subject to change). They spend all of their time together and the youngest sister has to adapt to her new life without her older sister being there constantly. The film would be from the younger sister's perspective since, in most coming of age films about college, the focus is on the sibling that's going to college, not the younger sibling that stays behind. This is actually happening currently because my sister and I are really close and I'm going to be leaving for college in a few months. I like the idea of telling this story from her perspective because it's not conveyed in many productions.  


Genre: Comedy

A female music producer/ composer/ manager (one of these job positions) is constantly running into issues in the music industry as a female. The topic of gender roles and the treatment of women would be heavily discussed in this film. I love working with gender representation and female empowerment is a common theme within my pieces so I feel that taking this approach would be fun like it always is while still forcing me to challenge myself and look at gender from a different perspective. I love music so much but I've never incorporated the musical part of myself into one of my pieces so this would be a fascinating approach to take.


Genre: Mystery/ Thriller 

There's a new girl in town that has a lot of wealth but lives on her own and no one knows anything about her. She keeps to herself but seems to be fond of the quiet girl. She befriends her and weird things start occurring in the quiet girl's life. Mystery is such a cool genre and I love the editing elements of thriller because it's amazing being able to manipulate sound and audio components to evoke an eerie feeling within the audience. Filming and editing the trailers for this concept would be amazing and joyful for me! I know how crazy that might sound to some, but editing is my favorite part of the process of creating a production. it's like fitting pieces of the puzzle together and painting a masterpiece simultaneously, I absolutely LOVE it.


I'm happy with the plot ideas that I've been able to come up with so far! These 3 concepts are different and will present unique challenges but I'm ready to face any and all that may come my way! I like all three genres that I've chosen and think that any of these concepts will work well for this project. It's going to be difficult trying to finalize my decision but I'm excited nonetheless! I'll update you guys in the next blog, see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment