Saturday, February 27, 2021

Portfolio Project 2021: Class Discussion

Hello everyone! Last class we had a group discussion with all of us and it was very nice! Our class period is small so the majority of us were able to share whatever it was that we wanted to discuss with the class. I enjoyed hearing the ideas of my peers and sharing ideas with them and making suggestions. It’s really cool being able to help other creators resolve issues that they are having and provide another perspective on the situation. I love doing group discussions because it gets me thinking about my own project and what improvements I can make. 

So what did I talk about during this discussion?

I honestly wasn’t sure of what to talk about when it was my time to go but I thought I’d ask them to give me feedback on the plot ideas I had and the possible genres I’d work with. It seemed like they really liked the plot where the sisters are separated because the oldest goes off to college. We talked a lot about that plot idea and how it’s not a very common perspective in film productions. 

Isa suggested that I watch the latest “To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before” movie which I’m not looking forward to at all. It was recommended that I watch this movie because the younger sister expresses her feelings about her sister growing up and leaving for college in the film. Since there aren’t many productions that focus on this topic, I’m going to have to get creative. The series is super cliche so I’m not thrilled about that but I have to do research! 


They all had really good ideas and helped me figure out which direction I want to go in. They also asked great questions regarding the development of the plot. How would their relationship dynamic be established and how would the older sister’s absence be conveyed? They gave me a lot of things to think about. With their suggestions I began thinking of ways that I can make the plot of my story cohesive. I think that this class discussion really helped me with finalizing my idea and thinking of this from different perspectives! I loved that class discussion and I hope we’ll do more!! See you in the next blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment