Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Portfolio Project: Who's the bad guy?

 Meet Kyle Shum! 


He's going to be our antagonist in the film opening! At first, I wasn't even considering having a male actor in the opening because I wanted it to be female-dominated but the thing is that all of the film opening concepts that I've come up with involve a bad guy being captured in the end so I had to find someone that could play this role and play it well. I've never seen Kyle act but I am friends with him and I know his personality so I think he is perfect for this role!





For costume design, I'm most likely just going to have him wear clothes that are not too extravagant since he is not a lead character. I would probably want him to wear a suit or something that looks business casual in the scene where he's tied up in a basement because when I think of high-quality criminals I think of the mafia and mob bosses. In most mafia movies the characters are dressed in suits and look very professional so Kyle will most likely be wearing something like this.

I'm going to have to coordinate my schedule with Kyle's because he is in the school's band and they have rehearsals frequently. In one of my first planning blogs when I was still deciding on the number of actresses I remember saying that scheduling would be the hardest part of the filming process because everyone is busy with extracurriculars and school but I will not let this affect the quality of my film opening! We've got this!

I'm posting this blog with the sole purpose of introducing Kyle and confirming that there will be someone playing the criminal role in my film opening! As you can probably tell, this blog was pretty brief and to the point so I'll see you in the next blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment