Friday, February 28, 2020

Portfolio Project: It's Script writing time!

 I've decided that I'm going to challenge myself and I'm going to try and incorporate elements of the second film opening version with the first. I want to make an attempt at this because I believe that if I plan everything out precisely and I go into the film and editing process with a solidified plan, I will be able to fit both ideas in the 2 minutes that I've been given to work my magic.

You're probably thinking, "Be realistic kid! There's absolutely no way you'll be able to cram two film opening concepts into one cohesive story and fit it all in 2 minutes." and to be honest, I'd agree with that statement but I'm not allowing myself to think that way! I have two awesome ideas that I want to use in my film opening and I'm going to take a risk because I don't want to play it safe with this project. This is my final piece and I want to be able to look back on it and be proud of what I've accomplished so I'm fully invested in it!

The script for the film opening is one of the most important components of the production besides the composition of shots that make up the film. This script is only the basic outline of what I want the voiceover to sound like and include.

SCRIPT OUTLINE




This is the first very, VERY rough draft of the general script which incorporates the voiceover introducing each character. It's an organized mess but I understand the way my mind works and this is my writing process, it may not be the neatest, but this is how my brain works. I'm not sure if you can see my writing clearly in the pictures so I will write out what the script says in the next blog. In the script outline, I will be including a few camera movements, shots and angles, editing techniques, etc. so that when I refer to this draft in the future I will know what to do in terms of filming and editing. The whole script won't be filled with them yet because I just want to get my ideas down and I will go back and add all of the details later on in the writing process.

I'll keep you all updated, see you in the next blog!





No comments:

Post a Comment